GTK or GTK-Gnome

I have noticed that Glade has both GTK widgets and some for Gnome.

I tried to use the code Glade generated for a messagebox but had some
problems compiling. Not error code, but something else that goes wrong
in the compile. I may be using an improper flag or something.

Anyway, when I looked further into some of the gnome code, it basically
just creates some gtk stuff for you. So is there a reason to use the
gnome pre-built containers, or create your own with GTK?

Basically I need to replicate an alert window, it may be info, a
warning, etc. Some may need to return a value of what button is clicked
but that's not a big deal.

What I am curious to know if there is an easy way to replicate this
behavior. When any of my alert windows are up, I do want the rest of the
app to be inactive until that window is closed or responded to in one
way or another.

I am referring to the gnome messagbox or gnome dialog box. I have only
tried to add and compile the messagebox into my app, not the dialog box,
yet.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.