Re: GtkTreeView + blinking text

I would probably write a widget that inherits from the GtkLabel class
and load it instead into the GtkTreeView. I'm actualy thinking of
writing one
with a few funky features. I'm guessing it's been done before (isn't
there a site
for this stuff ... a kind of custom widget factory. If not there should
be! ;P )

I'd like to have a label that the text loops around inside or moves back
and forth.
as for colors ... that could be tough. you might not be able to do it
with a "gtkrc" style.
you might have to do it by hand with pango etc...

Cheers,
        -Tristan

hgp2 madaket netwizards net wrote:

I'm using the GtkTreeView widget to display data and would
like to display text in some type of flashing style, that is,
changing the foreground or background color or text color every
half second or so.

Would anyone know the best way of going about doing this? TIA.

Regards,

Howard