How do you programatically set the selected range in a GtkTextView?

Hi,

I am wondering: how does one programatically set the selection for a text view to a range of characters?

I find it strange that the GtkTextBuffer manages the currently selected range and not the GtkTextView. The selection is much more a visual thing and should be associated with the view not the buffer surely. What's the point of being able to have multiple text views if they have to have the same selected text?

--
Nick Allen
Software Engineer

email: nicholas allen ireland sun com

The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of Sun Microsystems or its staff