Re: piping a apps output to program

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 00:53:05 -0700 (PDT)
"me ok" <mjaz_the_mighty2 yahoo com> wrote:

hello,

I am trying to figure out how I would open a pipe to a
program so that I can get it's output.  I'm not too
familiar with C or inter-process communications.

I want it when the user clicks a button the program
I'm creating will run another program and capture it's
output into a variable, but I'm not sure How that
would be done.

look at the bluefish source, http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/
a file called filter.c in the code does this.

don't use the gtk2 snapshots, they do not contain this code (yet).

regards,
        Olivier
--
ICQ UIN: 84067129, IRCnet oli4 (on #bluefish)