Removing tree items

I have a problem with the gtk_tree_remove_items. When I create the tree I attach the expand anc collapse signals to the subtrees so that I can dynamically build/destroy the contents of a branch. So if a I have :

and I decide to collapse the root_tree then the collapse callback calls

gtk_tree_item_remove(root_tree, root_tree->children);

but unfortunately subtree emits it's collapse signal and the program core dumps. Is there any way to find out how many subtrees exist in a tree and where they are so I can remove them or block the signals?

-- Marco Quezada Aerospaceo Engineero NLX Corporation 22626 Sally Ride Dr. Sterling, VA, 20164 mquezada nlxcorp com 703-234-2100 x1028