Re: GtkTextView problem

"Janus N." Tøndering <j nus person dk> writes:

I have a GtkTextView widget in a GtkScrolledWindow. I have a signal
handler for "value-changed" for the gtk_scrolled_window_get_vadjustment
of the GtkScrolledWindow where I color text if it is currently visible.

if I have some colored text at the top-most visible line of the
GtkTextView and I place my cursor at the bottom-line and pressed enter
the application halts execution with the following msg:

Gtk-ERROR **: file gtktextview.c: line 3040
(gtk_text_view_flush_first_validate): assertion failed:
(text_view->onscreen_validated)
aborting...
Aborted

GtkTextView doesn't like the buffer being changed at that particular
point in time, the code isn't properly reentrant. Probably a bug in
GTK, you might file a report at http://bugzilla.gnome.org.

A possible workaround would be to do your colorizing in an idle
handler.

Havoc