GtkTextView problem

Dear Sirs,

I have a GtkTextView widget in a GtkScrolledWindow. I have a signal
handler for "value-changed" for the gtk_scrolled_window_get_vadjustment
of the GtkScrolledWindow where I color text if it is currently visible.

if I have some colored text at the top-most visible line of the
GtkTextView and I place my cursor at the bottom-line and pressed enter
the application halts execution with the following msg:

Gtk-ERROR **: file gtktextview.c: line 3040
(gtk_text_view_flush_first_validate): assertion failed:
(text_view->onscreen_validated)
aborting...
Aborted

At first this seems like a bug in GTK. I hope you can help me figure it
out. I have found that the thing that makes the program stop is that the
colored text we had at top now no longer is colored (and this is
uncolored in the signal handler described above).

This is really hard to explain. I will submit some source if you have
trouble understanding my problem.

Regards,
Janus Tøndering

--
Janus Nørgaard Tøndering
email: j nus person dk or u011014 daimi au dk

"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
-Phil Hughes, Linux Journal Magazine