FileSelection: how add childern widget? how select a mask?

Ciao,

I want add some childern widget to FileSelection dialog. I'm using
a "wrong way", the nonportable feature with the main_vbox like:

  GtkWidget *filew;
  filew=gtk_file_selection_new("Save FITS file");
  b = add_entries(filew);
  gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(filew)->main_vbox),b);
  gtk_widget_show(b);
..

Is there a possibility for this by a clean way (after upgrade to GTK2.0)?

Version GTK: 1.2

thank you
FH