change *file_list in filesection

Hi!
Please could you help me.
I´ve got a problem with GTK 1.2.
I have a Fileselection-Widget and i want to indroduce
in the *file_list a new column.But there is no extra
Methode in the Class of the GTK_CList to introduce a
new column. Is it possible, if *file_list is placed at
the beginning of the first column? Because *file_list
in the GTK source (in filesel.c) is as the following
installed:
   filesel->file_list = gtk_clist_new_with_titles (1,
(gchar**) file_title)

My idea was to create a new Gtk_CList Object and to
organize the Fileselection Widget so:
   GTK_FILE_SELECTION (myFileselection) -> file_list =
myFile_list

But it still using the *file_list from the GTK
source..
Thanks for your answers.
Joana

Yahoo! präsentiert als offizieller Sponsor das Fußball-Highlight des
Jahres: - http://www.FIFAworldcup.com