Question: Finding a widget by its set name (gtk 1.2)

Before anyone says anything, I tried searching the list archives and Gtk
documentation first, but to no avail.

Is it possible to find a widget by the name I gave it with
gtk_widget_set_name() in the source code, or is that name only accessable
from rc files?  I know that the CHICKEN Scheme-to-C compiler provides a
find-widget procedure that finds a widget by name, so it seems like it should
be possible to do with straight C...  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

--
Mike Bourgeous
nitrogen slimetech com