accessing objects in notebook page

Hi,
I am writting an app that has a notebook, with a fixed
position box containing a couple of combo boxes, a
text box and a button. Sorry if this is a lame
question but I looked in the archives and couldn't
find an answer.
How do I get the current selected items in the combo
boxes and the data in the text box, when I click on
the button. I am currently sending the notebook object
as the data in the signal handler function, but am
unable to access individual objects.
Help!

=====
John Horton