Re: Gtk Pixmap and png
- From: Brett Granger <bdgranger alum mit edu>
- To: Arno <dark-arno ifrance com>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Gtk Pixmap and png
- Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:38:20 -0400
RevX gmx at wrote:
I have found an other function : gtk_image_new_from_file. And with this
function, it's good. I don't know why but it's good.
pixmap = gtk_image_new_from_file("../Back-prelight.png");
gtk_toolbar_insert_item (GTK_TOOLBAR (toolbar),
You have found the "right" answer for translucency -- GtkImage. Pixmaps
don't inherently handle translucency, so the best you can do is a solid
pixmap with a mask, as you discovered in your experiments. Images in
GTK2 handle alpha. The only issues to watch out for are on "older"
networked/non-desktop displays where Images might be significantly
slower than pixmaps.
] [Thread Prev