Hello everybody

Hi - I've just added myself to this list and was wondering how informal it is.  I've just started getting back into programming in C and I've got most of the base concepts down.  I'd like to be able to develop X-windows applications and was wondering whether gtk is the right API to be using if I want to do basic X-windows development, and whether there is anything I should know about how gtk differs from any other X-windows API?

Frankly, I'm going to probably require a little bit of hand-holding, although I understand concepts such as event-driven programming and such.  Is this the right place to ask for help, once I move my way through the tutorial on gtk.org?

Rich