Re: autoconf/automake for detecting whether GNOME is installed

Hi,

* Ari Pollak <compwiz aripollak com> [2002-07-17 00:30:04]:
I don't think there's really any problem with installing a .desktop
entry even if GNOME2 is installed - especially since most piece of
software are installed via a distribution's packaging system.

I had a request from a KDE user who asked to not have the GNOME .desktop
file installed on his system when compiling from source.

The big picture is that I want to install the .desktop file in the KDE
dirs on KDE systems, and in the GNOME dir on GNOME dirs.

  - Morten.

--
http://wtf.dk/