Re: gtk_table and undefined behaviour?

Marcus vA <mva121 gmx net> writes:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:02:35 -0400 (EDT)
Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

Marcus vA <mva121 gmx net> writes:

I try to create a dynamic table and attach labels and entry-boxes to
it.  But if try, there are strange things happening, either new
buttons are appearing in the dialog-box, wherein I try to do that,
or there is just the following message:

(lingoteach:6221): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktable.c: line 579
(gtk_table_attach): assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed

This means the widget already has been added to some container
(perhaps the table) already.

Nice, but that does not solve the problem, does it?
If I only attach the labels to the widget, it works.
If I only attach the entry-boxes to the widget, it works.
If I try to attach both - undefined behaviour.

I do not know any solution for this or why this happens.

I haven't analyzed your code; just explaining what that error
message above means ... it means that you are trying to attach
one widget in two places.

Regards,
                                        Owen