Integer Manipulations

Hi Members,

I just started highschool and somewhat good in programming using C/C++. I
use GTK to develop applications with visual interfaces. I am now trying to
get some integer/float into the program and do some manipulations and to
give the output on the visual interface. At present I am using
GTK_ENTRY_WIDGET to get the values as string and then convert them into
integers using "atoi" and then do tha manipulations. THen I convert it
again to string using "itoa" and display it in the window.

Are there any better ways of doing it? Also the "itoa" function gives
trouble while compiling and says undefinied reference. Need help please.

Surej