Strange scrolling behaviour Gtk+ 2.0.5

Hello,

I've got an application that uses many GtkTreeView's inside ScrolledWindows
and I've got everything working fine with one exception. I've got a window
which shows a simple list of strings for the user to select however if you
load up a long string to be displayed it will always start with the list
scrolled all the way to the right.

Here's a screenshot:
http://.g-page.sf.net.scroll.png

I use the same code to load the TreeView in other portions of my app and it
doesn't exhibit this behaviour anywhere else while loading the same strings.
Any ideas as to what I should look for?

Regards,
Mike

Here's the code that creates the treeview and loads it into a scrolled window:

scrolledwindow14 = gtk_scrolled_window_new (NULL, NULL);
g_object_ref (scrolledwindow14);
gtk_object_set_data_full (GTK_OBJECT (pre_defined), "scrolledwindow14",
                      scrolledwindow14, (GtkDestroyNotify) g_object_unref);

gtk_widget_show (scrolledwindow14);
gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (vbox30), scrolledwindow14, TRUE, TRUE, 0);
gtk_scrolled_window_set_policy (GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW (scrolledwindow14),
                                 GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC, GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC);

(GtkTreeView *)pre_def_tree =  create_pre_defined_msg_list(pre_def_tree);
gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (scrolledwindow14), pre_def_tree);
load_pre_def_list(pre_def_tree, "MSG.dat");

gtk_widget_show(pre_def_tree);