Porting AbiWord and having troubles

I'm trying to port AbiWord to GTK2 (I'm not exactly a GTK hardcode
coder) and I'm getting the following warnings :

(AbiWord_d:1082): Gtk-WARNING **:
gtkwidget.c:2652:gtk_widget_add_accelerator(): widget `GtkMenuItem' has
no activatable signal "activate_item" without arguments

In the source of gtkwidget I find the following (sorry it's not
elaborate enough for me):

  g_signal_query (g_signal_lookup (accel_signal, G_OBJECT_TYPE
(widget)), &query);
  if (!query.signal_id ||
      !(query.signal_flags & G_SIGNAL_ACTION) ||
      query.return_type != G_TYPE_NONE ||
      query.n_params)
    {
      /* hmm, should be elaborate enough */
      g_warning (G_STRLOC ": widget `%s' has no activatable signal
\"%s\" without arguments",
                 G_OBJECT_TYPE_NAME (widget), accel_signal);
      return;
    }

Could someone give me a hint on what could be the problem?

Thx in advance,
  Marc