GTK+ Portability

Hi,

I've written many applications that utilize GTK+ and
libglade.  I must say, it is by far the best experience
I've had writing a GUI for any environment.  I've
recently tackled writing a MAC OS X Carbon application
and find it very time-consuming.  I was wondering
if anyone knew of an *active* port of GTK+ to Carbon
and/or Cocoa for OS X.  This would definately help
porting of many software applications from
Linux/Unix to OS X.

Anyhow, if not, what would be required in doing so?
Would it ONLY be GDK that would have to be modified
for base functionality? Also, what would be a good
starting point? Another port project such as
DirectFB or Win32, or the straight code-base?

I found a couple of inactive sourceforge projects,
and little mention of a port on macgimp.org

Any suggestions, pointers, etc would be greatly
appreciated.

Brad House
Sr. Developer
Main Street Softworks, Inc.