Re: Please help me!

"Jacob C." <jacobc chiefarchitect com> writes:
Try this:

In you source files, #include "gtk.h" (note, not <gtk/gtk.h>)

and on your compile line add -I/usr/local/include/gtk so it would look something like:

gcc `gtk-config --cflags --libs` -I/usr/local/include/gtk -o main main.c

That is a really weird and pointless thing to do. ;-)

Quotes "gtk.h" rather than angles brackets <gtk.h> will make no
difference here at all.

Stripping the directory off the include statement just removes some
namespace protection, it has no benefit.

Hardcoding /usr/local/include/gtk causes problems for other people
compiling the app, and when porting to new versions of GTK.

Just #include <gtk/gtk.h> and `gtk-config --cflags` works just fine.
If it doesn't there's some unrelated mistake.

Havoc