Re: selection rectangle

I saw an example somewere were the selection rectangle was drawn just by inverting the pixels that the rectangle consisted of. To erease the rectangle it was only inverted once again and the original colors were back, however I think this was a Windows (excuse the bad language) and I have no idea how to do this using GTK.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Rok Roskar <rroskar artsci wustl edu>
To: <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Subject: selection rectangle
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:43:16 -0600 (CST)

is there an easy way to draw a selection rectangle (one that the user can
drag) onto a pixmap in drawing_area? The only way I can come up with is
one where I draw a rectangle each time the user movesthe mouse, but that
means  that Ihave to erase the one previously drawn and it's becoming
rather cumbersome.... any ideas?

Rok