Re: window always on top !

"Sreenidhi.B.G" <nidhi ncoretech com> writes:
How do I make a window always on top. I have tried setting it modal but
it loses focus. I want the window to retain focus always, unless
destroyed.

You can make a window stay on top of the main window it's poppped up
from using gtk_window_set_transient_for() with most window
managers. Most WMs do not provide a way to keep a window on top of all
windows. This is a WM issue, not a GTK issue.

To keep focus always you have to grab the keyboard/pointer with
gdk_pointer_grab() gdk_keyboard_grab() once the window is onscreen.

Havoc