row major treeview

As seen in the example code, TreeStore supports:

item0   string  bool    int     float   string
item0.0 string  bool    int     float   string
item1   string  bool    int     flaot   string
item1.0 string  bool    int     float   string
item1.1 string  bool    int     float   string

I want:

item0   string
item0.0 bool
item0.1 int
item0.2 enum
item1   float
item1.0 bool
item0.1 bool

Note that the data types are associated with rows, not columns.  Also note
how each individual item (node and ancestors) can have a different set of
types associated with them.)

How would this be modeled in Gtk using TreeView?  Obviously it needs to be
done through a TreeModel, but is this even supported?  If so what's the deal
with gtk_tree_model_get_column_type()?  Would it just be ignored and a new
gtk_model_get_row_type() be created for the new types-by-rows layout?

What about TreeView?  Would it need to be changed as well?

Does TreeView support G_TYPE_ENUM and if so does it render it as a dropdown
list and is it smart enough to populate the dropdown list with the
enum's NAMEs (as opposed to doing nothing or using the enum's NICKs)?  Also
can the dropdown be made editable so that G_TYPE_ENUM values can be
automagically added/deleted?

I really don't want to have to write a new generic widget just for my app,
since that's not my goal, and this seems like something that should have been
thought of in the first place.  ("GtkTree while buggy and limited by pixel
size, was really free form.  Let's fix the bugs, and while we're at, stick it
to those nonconformists!  Afterall no one would ever want to list a series of
item-attributes tuples!")

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Koren <siucs-09 cs siu edu>