combo-box vs. gtkoptionmenu

Hello all,

I have got a question about the use of combo-boxes and gtkoptionmenus. What is exactly the use of gtkoptionmenu as combo-boxes can do the same (as far as I know)? With both one can make a choice out of a list of options, only a combo-box can do more. And in my opinion the gui of the combo-boxes is better. Also I am trying to use a combo box in my program (I am using glade to create the user interface). How does one check which option is selected in the combo box?

thanks in advance, Koos Jan Niesink