From: J. Michael Welsh [mailto:jmichaelwelsh hotmail com]
Sent
:
03 February 2002 01:24
To: gtk-app-devel-list
Subject: Win32 Build Environment.

I know you guys are probably get asked this a million times or more per minute, but how do you get GTK+ to build on win32?? I have tried every thing mentioned in the REAME.Win32 file, but have failed at getting them to work. I tried various configurations of MingGW and Cygwin not mentioned there as well. Is there a tried and true method? I have succeeded in getting the whole thing to build in Visual Studio, but the automagically generated files like stock-icons/gtkstockpixbufs.h I can't make so the build is useless.

For a bit of a backgrounder I am planning on using GTK+ on Win32 but only if I can get it to build (IE I won't can't it unless I can fix bugs I encounter). The company I work for will even pay me and a few other engineers to contribute to the project if I can make it work.

Any pointers would help.

J. Michael Welsh

jmichaelwelsh hotmail com