Re: Timers in GTK

Any example code to look at for this?

Thanks

G Hasse wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Petro Verheuvel wrote:

Hi there,

I have an application using setitimer(). I want to integrate this in GTK.
GTK has some timer-capabilities too. Can these timer concepts be
simultaneously used, or should i omit the use of setitimer() in GTK ?

It is my strong opinion that you should try to avoid all strict
timeing in your UI.

Make a separate process and let this notify your UI when it has
completed. (Preferable by a file descriptor. And you add a callback with

gdk_input_add( fd, GDK_INPUT_READ, GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(file_function),
&cmdinfo );

So when your background process put data to fd the UI will go to
"file_function" and process this. If you make fd a socket you could
even distribut your background process.

GH