Re: inverting pixels

At 14:09 01-02-02 -0600, you wrote:
I use a drawing_area to display an image... I read in a data array of
pixel values and the user has an option of seeing it as it is or
inverted. To invert the image, I use all the same data, but I call
gtk_gc_set_function(gc, GDK_OR_INVERT). This does not produce the
expected result...

Out of curiosity: if a pixel has a color consisting of X(red) Y(green) Z(blue) components, and if X, Y, abd Z
are numbers between 0 and ColMax (say 255) inclusive, what would you expect or want the inverted color
components to be?
tk