Re: No text after GTK2.2 upgrade

Erik Simonsen <erik pinksheets com> writes:

After upgrading to gtk2.2, no text (Including gtklabels and gtktreeview
cells) in any of my GTK apps is displayed anymore.  I've confirmed that
this happens with the gtk-demo program as well.  I think the problem is
with Pango 1.2, since text appears after rolling back to an older
version of pango.  One strange thing is that I CAN see the text when
using pango 1.2 if I view from my windows box using Hummingbird.  I
don't know if it's relevant, but I installed all of the fontconfig 2.1
package since I saw it mentioned in the pango docs, but that didn't
help.  I'm running redhat 7.3 with a 2.4.18-10 kernel on an i386 box.
Compiled with gcc 3.2

I'm guessing this isn't a common problem because I haven't seen anyone
else comment on it, but I don't think I've installed anything unusual,
either.

 - Does the 'fc-list' command show fonts?
 - Are the fonts you see on the Hummingbird X server antialiased?
 - Are you using the standard Red Hat 7.3 X server?
 - Did you recompile pango-1.2 after installing fontconfig?

Regards,
                                        Own