Re: GIOChannel and german umlauts

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 08:58:09PM +0100, Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't really know what effect
...set_encoding() has. I'm now converting to the currently used
charset and everything is working great :)

Well, there are still problems when the current locale doesn't support
the characters that are included in the transmitted buffer.

On my box, the application just "hangs" when it's supposed to read from
the io channel, on another box it segfaults.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks in advance,
        Tilman