Newbie:Problems with gtk_widget_queue_draw_area

Hi all

Trying my hand with gtk_widget_queue_draw_area(), I had the
problem of the drawing of a progressively-produced image
becoming incomplete when resizing the apps top window.

The widget tree is top-window->scrolled-window->viewport->
image and the image is set from a pixbuff which is updated
regularly with data produced by a slow-scan tv decoder.

When the app is started, updating of the image is done
correctly but if I resize (enlarge) the top window then
a strip of the image at the right side is not drawn and I
presume the problem is that gtk_widget_queue_draw_area()
uses the container viewport as the reference for the
position of the rectangle to update, insted of the image
itself. (Normally the image is arranged to be a tight fit
in the viewport so the problem occurs only when this is
enlarged, with the image realigning into the center).

Any hints to fix this the proper way, much appreciated.

My thanks in advance!

--
Regards      My Ham Radio callsign: 5B4AZ  QTH Loc: KM64MR
             My website (with some Ham Radio/Linux software):