GTK - Horizontal Scrollbar not working

Hi list,

    I am writing a simple text editor for our specific application. I
want to make use of scrollbars. I could easily make work Vertical
scrollbar but not the horizontal scrollbar. So after the maximum width
of text widget, an arrow appears and the the word is shown in the next
line. I am sure this is because horizontal scrollbars functionality is
not working. I would highly appriciate if anyone can explain me how to
use horizontal scrollbars, or else send me the code snippet for the same

Thanks in advance,

Vikram

Vikram S Bartakke
Grad Student (CS Dept)