Re: setTransientFor problem

I am working with gtk+-1.2.10-15.  And my system didn't knows the GDK_WINDOW_XID macro.

Do I have to switch to gtk 2.0 for this.

Thanks again and best regards.

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:30:02 -0500
Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 11:54:24AM +0100, Boris wrote:
I was reading and I found the function setTransientFor(window,
parent).  The problem is : how do I know wich is the second
gktwindow if I launch the second window with fork? Any advice to
solve this problem? Is posible to get the gtkwindow from a running
application?

I hope that my question will be understood.

You will have to get the X window ID of the parent window
using GDK_WINDOW_XID (window->window) and then pass that to the
child process and use Xlib XSetTransientForHint() to set the transient
parent of the second window.

Havoc