removing all items from GtkCombo->list

Hi,

I'm porting a Gtk+-1.4 program to Gtk-2.0. In some situations I need to remove all items from a GtkCombo
widget, which I used to do by getting to the GSList object that belongs to the GtkList, which in turn belongs
to the GtkCombo. For this I did something like this:

  GtkList *list = NULL;
  GList *glist = NULL;

  list = (GtkList *) GTK_COMBO (combo)->list;
  g_assert (list != NULL);

  /* ATTENTION, if the list contains items already we first have
   * to remove them, otherwise the ones that we "calculate" now
   * would be appended to the preexisting ones.
   */
  if (GTK_LIST (list)->children != NULL)
    gtk_list_remove_items (list, (GList *) list->children);

The problem is that GtkList is now deprecated in Gtk+-2.0, and I
cannot use the GTK_LIST () macro anymore (nor can I use any other
GtkList-related function, in fact).

This means that, while trying to access the (GList *) list->children
GList object in this manner:

  glist = GTK_COMBO (combo)->list->children

the compiler complains with the following message:

gcc -->>  structure has no member named `children'

Does somebody have a solution to this question ?

Thanks for your kind help,

Filippo