Re: environment variables
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com>
- Cc: Brett Nash <nash nash nu>, Syed Imranullah Azeezullah <s i azeezullah massey ac nz>, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: environment variables
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 00:20:46 -0500
On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 05:00:46PM -0500, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
export CVSROOT=:pserver:user server
make bla bla
on the other hand...
no way to implement something like `export' ?
"export" is simply "putenv()"
If you don't export a shell variable, then it has nothing to do with
the environment; it's never placed in the environment at all. If you
put something in the environment using setenv or putenv, it will
always be inherited by child processes.
] [Thread Prev