Re: environment variables
- From: Brett Nash <nash nash nu>
- To: Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com>
- Cc: Syed Imranullah Azeezullah <s i azeezullah massey ac nz>, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: environment variables
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:11:33 +1100
export CVSROOT=:pserver:user server
make bla bla
on the other hand...
no way to implement something like `export' ?
export works becuase the script is run the context of the current
thread. It still would need support from the windowmanger to use.
try this to illustrate the difference:
om:[~/test]% cat test42.sh
om:[~/test]% sh test42.sh ; echo $EV
om:[~/test]% . test42.sh ; echo $EV
In any case what you basically want to do it send an environment
variable to your parent process, which is a totally different thing.
Brett Nash <nash nash nu>
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
] [Thread Prev