Re: glib: binary trees & threaded main loops (maybe OT?)

Axel Bock <news-and-lists the-me de> writes:

Hi all,

I'm trying to develop a client/server application, and have two major
questions about the glib. I have found no other place to ask, so I'm
here ... :-)

well, first of all, I want to create three glib main loops in three
different threads. is this possible just with g_main_new(), or do I have
to think about something when doing this?

Multiple main loops in multiple threads was a new feature in GLib-2.0.

Search for GMainContext in:

 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-The-Main-Event-Loop.html

You'll find that while there are functions that implicitely use
a default context, like g_main_new(). (Most deprecated, including
g_main_new()), there are also versions taking an explicit context
like g_main_loop_new().

Regards,
                                        Owen