Re: gtk_entry_set_text() causing segmentation fault

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:55:33 -0800 (PST)
Harring Figueiredo <harringf yahoo com> wrote:

--- Neoklis Kyriazis <neoklisk cytanet com cy> wrote:
Hi all,

instead and this works, also gtk_entry_set_text() in the "activate"
handler works on the"return" keystroke and clears the widget. I
presume there is more to this which I have not found out yet. Help?

  Can you post your code snipped on this ?

/* This one works on 'activate' signal */
void
on_home_pos_activate                   (GtkEditable     *editable,
                                        gpointer         user_data)
{
  gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(editable), "xxx" );
}

/* This one produces a seg fault crash on 'changed' signal */
void
on_home_pos_changed                   (GtkEditable     *editable,
                                       gpointer         user_data)
{
  gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(editable), "xxx" );
}

Also there seems to be a problem in glade (0.6.4) which causes a
crash with a seg fault when editing a window widget. If I edit the
 Could not duplicate this one.

Could be something wrong in my installation. Thanks!

--
Regards      My Ham Radio callsign: 5B4AZ  QTH Loc: KM64MR
             My website (with some Ham Radio/Linux software):