gtk_entry_set_text() causing segmentation fault

Hi all,

I am taking my first steps writing a simple GTK app using glade. In the
top window I have some GtkEntry widgets for entering data and these have
the "activate" and "changed" signals attached. These widgets have
default text set in to guide the user and when an entry is made (signal
"changed") I have gtk_entry_set_text() in the event handler to clear the
widget. However when any entry is made to the widget, the app crashes
with seg fault. I tried gtk_entry_get_text() instead and this works,
also gtk_entry_set_text() in the "activate" handler works on the
"return" keystroke and clears the widget. I presume there is more to
this which I have not found out yet. Help?

Also there seems to be a problem in glade (0.6.4) which causes a crash
with a seg fault when editing a window widget. If I edit the Border
Width: entry by typing a number and then open some menu like Type:,
glade crashes with a seg fault when I move the pointer into the menu.
This does not happen if I use the up-down arrows to change the value
in Border Width:. Is this a bug in glade?

My thanks in advance!

--
Regards      My Ham Radio callsign: 5B4AZ  QTH Loc: KM64MR
             My website (with some Ham Radio/Linux software):