Re: Redraw

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 09:27:22 +0530
Deekshit Mantampady <deekshit mantampady wipro com> wrote:

  Here is a basic doubt regarding redraw in GTK.
  I am using status bar to display the acitivity that I am performing
  on click
of a button/Menu item. The handler may in turn calling several
functions. Say Sorting, Parsing.. etc. I am calling gtk_statusbar_push
function to put the string to status bar. But these messages are not
getting updated. So I tried to push only one message(no pop ). I
observed that it is getting updated only if I come out of handler,
basically returning back to gtk_main(). But I want to redraw it
immediatly. Please let me know, how can make it possible.

you can use this code in your callback:

  while (gtk_events_pending())
   gtk_main_iteration();

also take a look at http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/faqs.html