Re: check buttons in a clist

On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 21:54, Jim Parker wrote:
G'Day !

I am developing an application in GTK 1.2.x

What I need to do is get a check button(s) in a variable length list in
a dialog box.  At first glance it seems a clist is what I want, but
after looking at the API, tutorial, and list archives, I'm not sure the
clist can do what I need.

You can't use anything except images and text in a clist.  Gtk2 has been
improved to allow this and the clist deprecated.

What is the best widget to use ?  any example code ?

For a better explanation of what I need:

I am developing a vector drawing program.  The program will support the
use of layers to remove portions of the drawing, to avoid clutter.  The
number of layers will be arbitrary.

I want a dialog so the user can select whick layers are visible.  Most
similar programs use what appears to be a clist with check boxes
embedded into the rows.

Under gtk1.2 the best way to do this would be to have an icon that
changes based on a double click to appear as a boolean option for that
row.  This is about as close as you will get.

Regards,

Martyn

cheers,
Jim Parker