Re: Crashing g_string_sprintf when printing invalid floats. gtk+-1.2.9 on Linux

Sven Neumann wrote:

> the correct place to report this would probably have been
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/.

Noted.  Apologies.

> it seems to work better with GTK+-2.0 (or actually glib-2.0):
>
>   0.00

Good news!

> I don't think you can reliably perform range tests on uninitialized
> memory since the compiler knows about the fact that the value was
> never initialized and may optimize the range check away.

The memory is not uninitialized, it is messages received from another, potentially unreliable, program across network and potentially other, potentially unreliable, interfaces.

I think I have a workaround for now, but I do want to get Glib rock-solid. If it's fixed in 2.0, that is the most important thing.

Will there be a Glib 1.2.11 release?

Eric