AutoScrolling with Gtk1.2 !

Hi ,

I am facing two problems -

1.  With GtkList, if dynamically any random item is selected, then
"autoscroll" should happen and that particular item should be focussed.
 I could see gtk_list_scroll_vertical function . But its not working
properly. Probably the adjustment of list is not correct.
How to set the adjustments for a GtkList widget ?

2.  This problem again deals with autoscrolling .
I have a GtkText widget which is a kind of log for user displaying
output messages. This widget is present in a scrolledwindow.
The messages get appended but are not visible unless and until you
scroll manually. How to make autoscroll possible ?

Please note that I am using Gtk1.2 and not Gtk2.0

Thank you very much.

-Anita

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.