Re: Getting started...

Hi there...
        Since I'm blocking on a really tough bug right now
I'll take a break and give you a pointer.

If you look up Object Hierarchy in the api reference page
you'll see which objects inherit from which other objects;
for example:

        GtkVBox inherits from
        GtkBox  which inherits from
        GtkContainer which inherits from
        GtkWidget
        etc untill the GObject.

        if you want to know what a GtkVBox can do ... well it can do everything
        its parents can do.

        GtkVBox *box;
        /* ... */

        gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(box), GTK_WIDGET(pizza));

        // this should set your minimum size
       gtk_widget_set_size_request(GTK_WIDGET(box), width, height);

Cheers and welcome!
        -Tristan

Thomas Cameron wrote:

Evan,

Thanks for the answer.  As I drew it out, the answer was obvious.
Again, thanks.  Now, is there any way to tell the boxes what their
minimum size should be?  What about a min/max size for the button.  I'll
look it up in the API reference, but I don't think I saw any size
attributes for h/vboxes.  Thanks!

Tom Cameron