From: Evan Martin [mailto:martine cs washington edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 11:24 PM
To: Thomas Cameron
Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Getting started...

Thomas Cameron wrote:
The Navigation button, and status area will both be the same hight.
The
button will be to the left of the status area.  I suppose my question
would be which container to use?  What kind of frame, box, etc. can I
use, and tell it to only be so tall?

Put the button and the status area into an hbox, the first with
expand/fill = FALSE and the second with TRUE.

Then put the main display and that hbox into a vbox, with expand/fill =
TRUE for the main display and FALSE for the hbox.