Another Question...

While I wait for an answer to my other question, I thought I'd fire this one
out too, since I'm running into a wall with it too.

I'm trying to improve the performance of my ANSI tagging engine. Previously,
I had a separate tag for every attribute that could be set, and I was
applying them all individually. This is understandably slow.

What I'm trying to do now is create (or modify) a tag with all the needed
attributes, and then just apply that tag. Currently, I'm trying to figure
out if it's a Good Idea to have just one master tag that gets modified and
then applied, or if this is a no-no.

If I have to create a new tag every time I need to apply a new set of
attributes, what will the memory usage of the tag table be like after the
application has been running for a while (thereby having had to tag a ton of
text with various attributes).

Am I on the right track here at all?

If you want to look at my source, the older version (With the static tag
table) is available for download at http://sourceforge.net/projects/panache/

Thanks in advance.

Matthew Walker                       Kydance Hosting
mwalker kydance net       Low Prices, High Standards
                              http://www.kydance.net
Quote:
Schools are prisons for the enlightened mind  --  Me