Re: Auto-scroll...

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Matthew Walker wrote:

I've found the code to scroll a scrolled window by hand, but is
there /any/ way to set the scrollwindow to automatically scoll to
display new text that is inserted into the buffer inside it? I've
been fighting with this for days, and I can't get my manual code to
work. If there's an automatic way, I'd love to hear about it.

Won't the gtk_text_view_scroll_to_* functions (to_mark or to_iter) do
the job?  Probably to_iter is easier, since presumably you already
have a relevant iter at your disposal, from inserting the text into
the buffer.

Allin Cottrell.