question about Xlib & Gdk-ERROR

hi,

I use gdk-thread-enter and gdk-thread-leave to new a
thread which is responsible for drawing curves
continuously in a pixmap, then I draw this pixmap onto
drawingarea. But sometimes I got error like,

"Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x107d3)!"

OR error like,

"Gdk-ERROR **: BadLength (poly request too large or
internal Xlib length erro
  serial 8893 error_code 16 request_code 104
minor_code 0
Gdk-ERROR **: BadLength (poly request too large or
internal Xlib length erro
  serial 8895 error_code 16 request_code 106
minor_code 0"

I guess it's something wrong with the new thread. But
how can I find it exactly by gdb? Does anybody have
such similiar problem?

Thanks.

sincerely,
li