Re: Another porting question

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 07:26:39PM -0500, Maher Awamy wrote:

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:13:46 -0400, Christopher Blizzard said:

Maher Awamy wrote:
 > Is it possible to use gtk+ 1.2 and gtk+2.0 in one program? I ask because
 > SkipStone, my browser uses the gtkmozembed widget - I am wondering if I could
 > port all of SkipStone and the gtkmozembed widget would still use gtk+ 1.2.. I
 > think its not possible without a big hack but asking does not hurt ;-)
 >
 > Maher

 Not in any practical manner, no.

I thoughtt so,Any time frame on when gtkmozembed will use gtk2/

You might want to read some of the galeon-devel list archives, or check
out CVS HEAD.  I'm on the list and last I saw Marco got galeon2 (the
gnome2 version) to render pages with mozembed.  I'm not sure if it was a
trick in the GTK2 code or if he hacked the gtkmozembed himself, but
AFAIK it *is* running, to a degree that it can render pages anyway :)

Regards,

Alan
--
Arcterex <arcterex userfriendly org>   -==-   http://arcterex.net
"I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I