focus-out-event

Is there any way to pop up a dialog on this event (focus out)? When I
try I get:

Gtk-ERROR **: file gtkentry.c: line 4186 (blink_cb): assertion failed: (GTK_WIDGET_HAS_FOCUS (entry))
aborting...
Aborted

If I dont do a dialog, but do a gtk_widget_grab_focus(), it segfaults.
Should I assume that anything that might affect focus is a no-no in
focus-related callbacks? If so, what is the recommended way to sanity
check a GtkEntry, or more accurately, when should I do it? I'd like to
avoid making the user press a button to get all the values from the
gui into the data structure :)

Oh, and using "changed" prolly wont work, since most of them are for
entering doubles, where things like 5e-7 are ok (and common), but 5e-
arent, and I wont know if its ok 'til they're done entering.

--
Slyder earendel org                  |  "Into the flood again...
Earendel / <insert here>             |   ...if I would, could you?"