GtkTreeView renderer

Hello,
I want to represent tree structure
that has different kinds of data according to the "level" of each item.
I'm working with gtk2, so I think GtkTreeView is proper widget
for the purpose.

For example, a tree stucture model like the following.

AAA
 111
 222
BBB
 111
 222
CCC
 111
 222

Here, the first level is string (AAA, BBB, CCC...) and
the second level is integer (111, 222, ...),
so I want to use two different render for the strings and the integers.

It seems that GtkTreeView allows me to specify renderers
by its column, but I want my tree to have one column.
(Not two columns, string column and integer column)

What's wrong with this approach?